Wheatgrass Benefits - Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass is the young grass shoots of the wheatberry. The wheatgrass plant contains high concentrations of chlorophyll, active enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients. Wheatgrass is popular for its great health benefits to the human body. Wheatgrass is one of the richest sources of vitamin A and vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, sulfur, zinc, cobalt, and protein. Wheatgrass juice is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream and gives immediate energy. There are several benefits of wheatgrass juice. It is also a powerful health food supplement that is packed with highly concentrated vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and enzymes. The following advantages show that wheatgrass juice is very beneficial for health.
- Increases and sustains energy naturally.
- Wheatgrass has an exceptional ability to both nourish and detoxify the body.
- It is a appetite suppressant.
- Wheatgrass juice improves metabolism.
- It improves digestion.
- Wheatgrass juice enriches the blood, removes blood disorders, & lowers blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass juice is antibacterial and helps cleanse the liver.
- It prevents tooth decay.
- It is good for skin problems and improves complexion, treats acne, and removes acne scars.
- Wheatgrass juice keeps hair from graying & removes dandruff.
- It boosts the immune system, calms the nervous system and promotes regularity & helps fight constipation.
- The chlorophyll present in wheatgrass will wash drug deposits from the body, neutralize toxins in the body, help purify the liver, and prevent ageing. The chlorophyll also stabilises blood sugar levels.
- Detoxifies and cleanses your body.
- High alkalinity helps balance your body’s pH level.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity.
- Wheatgrass energizes and reduces fatigue.
- Complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids.
- Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells.
- Wheatgrass juice restores fertility.
- Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C.
A major benefit of taking wheatgrass juice is that it is easily digested with little energy. Wheatgrass provides crude chlorophyll from a living plant, which is the most effective way to gain the full therapeutic benefits of chlorophyll. Just an ounce of wheatgrass juice per day provides a host of benefits, while a therapeutic program to treat a specific condition or illness may include two or three ounces. It is a complete food with no side effects. Many people grow their own organic wheatgrass and use juicers to make their own juice.
For the majority of people, consuming processed foods along with stresses of every day life create an acidic balance in the blood. This causes the body to store water and build up fat in the arteries (cholesterol) as protection from acidic blood. By restoring alkalinity and neutralizing acid production your body can recover quicker, metabolize faster, reduce food cravings and achieve your optimal health. Wheat Grass is one of nature’s most powerful sources of green leafy vegetable nutrition. Wheatgrass is considered to be a complete food in itself. The fact is that one pound of fresh wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to 23 pounds of choice garden vegetables. Due to its fibrous nature, which is indigestible by humans, wheatgrass must be liquefied before it can be consumed.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
A discussion on the benefits of wheatgrass juice or powder could be endless. Many of the health benefits of wheatgrass stem from the fact that it is a living food. Being highly anti-bacterial, consuming wheatgrass will help to alkalise and detoxify the lymph and blood cells, helping the body to rebuild and transport toxins out of the body quickly and effectively. Wheat grass is believed to have many unexplained natural healing qualities. One of the ingredients with major benefit in wheatgrass is chlorophyll, which has the ability to draw toxins from the body like a magnet. Considered the "blood of plants", chlorophyll can soothe and heal tissues internally. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass is high in oxygen and light energy, which can provide the brain and body tissues with an optimal environment in which to function. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass also has antibacterial properties, which can stop the development of harmful bacteria in the body. See below a list of wheatgrass juice benefits:
- Wheatgrass juice is 70% chlorophyll.
- Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other element.
- Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
- Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
- Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
- Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.
- Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.
- Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
- Chlorophyll present in wheatgrass rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red cell count.
- Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.
- Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
- Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
- Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using wheatgrass.
- Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.
- Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce, celery, and so forth.
- Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
- Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
- Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
- Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
- Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it his been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same time.
- In "The American Journal of Surgery" (1940), Benjamin Cruskin, M.D., recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul - smelling odours, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome ear inflammation and infections, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhoea in many cases. in cases. many pyorrhoea advanced cure and fever, typhoid reduce infections, vaginal parasitic of rid get cervix, uterine the inflammation treat successfully sores, rectal heal eruptions, scabby other impetigo eliminate ulcers, leg veins varicose ear overcome sinusitis, chronic grafting, skin hasten wounds, strep neutralize odours, smelling - foul up clear to chlorophyll: for uses clinical following suggests article benefits. antiseptic its chlorophyll recommends m.d., cruskin, benjamin (1940), surgery? journal american ?the>
- Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay.
- Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.
- Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
- Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out pulp. in of the pulp. out spitting wheatgrass, chew or mouth area diseased on juice soaked wheatgrass pulp lay mouth:>
- Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
- By taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel a difference in strength, endurance, health, and spirituality, and experience a sense of well-being.
- Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
- Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
- Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal Organs. After an enema, wait 20 minutes, then implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice. Retain for 20 minutes.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is high in magnesium.
- Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He said, "Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs."
- According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (wheatgrass) as a body cleanser, rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins.
- Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- Regular intake of wheatgrass juice is helpful for the treatment of various health problems such as Acne, Ageing (premature), Anaemia, Arthritis, Asthma, Bladder disorders, Blood pressure (high or low), Bone disorders, Bronchitis, Cancer, Circulatory weakness, Colitis, Constipation, Diabetes, Eye disorders, Fatigue, Hay Fever, Hair loss, Heart disease, Hypoglycaemia, Impotence, Infection, Kidney disorders, Liver disorders, Lung disorders, Nervous disorders, Skin disorders, Ulcers, Weight loss.
How to grow wheatgrass at home?
Some consumers grow and juice wheatgrass in their homes. It is often available in juice bars, alone or in mixed fruit or vegetable drinks. It is also available in many health food stores as fresh produce, tablets, frozen juice and powder. Growing wheatgrass to about seven inches tall is optimum for its health benefits. Simply place selected grain in about one-inch of organic soil to enjoy one of the most cleansing and nutritious juices. Indoor grown wheatgrass grows from 8-14 days before it is harvested.
Wheatgrass Juice Facts
- 30 ml of freshly squeezed wheatgrass juice is equivalent in nutritional value to 1kg of leafy green vegetables.
- Wheatgrass contains over 90 minerals, including high concentrations of the most alkaline minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium. and of the sodium. magnesium calcium, potassium, minerals: alkaline most concentrations high including minerals, 90 over contains>
- It contains the essential enzymes: Protease (assists in protein digestion), Cytochrome Oxidase (a powerful anti oxidant), Amylase (facilitates digestion), Lipase (a fat splitting enzyme), Transhydrogenase (strengthens the heart muscle) & Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) (found in all body cells and is known for its ability to lessen the effect of radiation and slow cellular aging). in and of the to for its contains aging). cellular slow radiation effect lessen ability known is cells body all (found (sod) dismutase superoxide muscle) heart (strengthens transhydrogenase enzyme), splitting fat (a lipase digestion), (facilitates amylase oxidant), anti powerful oxidase cytochrome protein (assists protease enzymes: essential &>
- Just one teaspoon of Wheat Grass powder, weighing a mere 3.5 grams, is nutritionally equal to an entire spinach salad weighing a full 50 grams.
- Wheatgrass has more vitamin C than oranges and twice the vitamin A as carrots.
- Wheatgrass juice helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. By increasing the oxygenation the body you can help offset smog and carbon monoxide and increase your endurance during physical exercise.
- Wheatgrass contains 19 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
Nutritional Value of Wheatgrass Juice (Per 100 gm)
Nutritionally, wheatgrass is a complete food that contains 98 of the 102 earth elements. Wheatgrass is considered to be a complete food because it contains every amino acid, vitamin, and mineral (some in only trace amounts) necessary for human nutrition. No complete nutrition analysis of wheatgrass or wheatgrass juice is available in the literature. It is mentioned that 1 ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice is equivalent to 2.5 pounds of vegetables in nutritional value. 1 ounce of wheatgrass has more vitamin C than 1 ounce of oranges. 1 ounce of wheatgrass has twice the vitamin A than in 1 ounce of carrots. It is said that 25ml of wheatgrass is equivalent in vitamins, minerals and amino acids to a kilogram of fresh garden vegetables in nutritional value.
- Calories 21.0 Cal
- Carbohydrates 2.0 gm
- Fat 0.06 gm
- Water 95 gm
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Iron 0.61 mg
- Folic Acid 29 mcg
- Dietary Fiber
- Glucose 0.80 gm
- Calcium 24.2 mg
- Magnesium 24 mg
- Potassium 147 mg
- Zinc 0.33 mg
- Phosphorus 75.2 mg
- Vitamin A 427 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.08 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.13 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 0.11 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 6.0 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 3.65 mg
- Vitamin E 15.2 IU
- Chlorophyll 42.2 mg
- Choline 92.4 mg
Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice for Hair
Wheatgrass juice has external benefits as well. It can be used as a scalp treatment to restore luster to hair, as a skin cleanser and astringent, and as a sinus treatment. There are many people that have seen their gray hairs vanish with regular intake of wheatgrass juice. Wheatgrass juice keeps hair from graying & removes dandruff.
Wheatgrass Juice Benefits for Cancer
Wheat grass is known as an alternative cancer therapy. In a study it was found that wheatgrass juice duplicates the molecular structure of hemoglobin, a important part of the blood, and because it is so rich in free-radical scavengers such as provitamin A, it may inhibit cancer. Drinking of wheatgrass juice helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. By increasing the oxygenation the body you can help offset smog and carbon monoxide and increase your endurance during physical exercise. Wheat grass has been found to dissolve scars formed in the lungs and in addition helps wash drug deposits from the body, purifies the blood and organs and counteracts acids and toxins in the body. It helps to increase the enzyme level in our cells, aiding in the rejuvenation of the body and the metabolism of nutrients These enzymes assist in dissolving tumors.
Wheatgrass Builds Blood
Many health experts have explained that the chlorophyll molecule in wheatgrass is almost identical to the haemoglobin molecule in human blood. The only difference is that the central element in chlorophyll is magnesium and in haemoglobin it is iron. Due to this inherent similarity the human body can easily transform chlorophyll into haemoglobin increasing the red blood cell count as well as the blood’s capacity to deliver oxygen and other nutrients to the body’s cells. Chlorophyll has been shown to build red blood cells quickly, normalise blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways though out the body, destroy poisonous carbon dioxide, release free oxygen and promote higher metabolism and stimulated enzyme systems.
Now that you can see for yourself all of the benefits of wheatgrass juice, what’s stopping you from drinking it? All you need is an ounce or two of wheatgrass juice to feel all of the benefits. The benefits of wheat grass are many, and really the only negative aspect could possible taste, but that’s not the worst thing in the world. Although it should never be seen as a substitute for a balanced diet, the benefits of wheatgrass consumption can go a long way in offering you greater health.