Indian Banking Quiz - Quiz Questions about Banks in India
Here are some banking quiz questions with answers to check your general knowledge about banks in India.
1. What was established in Kolkata on 1st April 1935 in accordance with the provision of an act of the same name passed in 1934?
2. The Reserve Bank of India was established on the recommendations of a report submitted in 1926 by which commission?
3. What unique distinction do the General Bank of India and the Bank of Hindustan founded in and around 1786 posses in the context of Indian banking history?
4. The Imperial Bank of India was re-named on 30th April 1955 as what?
5. Which bank operates on behalf of the SBI in Nigeria and was established in 1981?
6. Which was the first foreign bank to open a branch in India?
7. The Allahabad Bank, established in 1865 and still functioning today, is the oldest Joint Stock bank in India. Which was the first Joint Stock bank in India?
8. What was approved by the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertaking) Bill passed on 9th August 1969?
9. What unique distinction does the Anyonya Co-operative Bank hold?
10. Which bank sponsored the first regional rural bank in India by the name Prathama Grameen Bank?
Banking Quiz Answers
1. Reserve Bank of India
2. Hilton Young Commission
3. They are the first Indian Banks
4. State Bank of India
5. INMB (Indo-Nigerian Merchant Bank)
6. Comptoire d’Escompte de Paris of France in 1860s
7. Bank of Upper India, established in 1863
8. Nationalization of the largest 14 commercial Indian banks
9. It is first cooperative bank in Asia
10. Syndicate Bank
If you would like to contribute more questions and answers to Indian Banking Quiz, then you are most welcome to do so by using "Add Comment" button below.