Famous Personalities - Quiz Questions and Answers
- (a) Which Chinese leader was famous for his “Little Red Book”?
(b) What was the real name of Confucius?
- (a) Dag Hammarskjold, U Thant, Kurt Waldheim-have all held which office?
(b) Which American Began manufacturing cars Detroit?
- (a) Which pirate became the Governor of Jamaica?
(b) Which statesman rose from the “log cabin White House”?
- (a) A Greek cynic Philosopher lived in a tub. Who was he?
(b) Who was condemned to drink the dead hemlock?
- (a) Artist, musician, mathematician, inventor – he was born in 1452 in Italy. Who was this genius?
(b) The famous artist Pablo Ruiz is better known as?
- (a) Who were the 3 leaders who founded the Non-aligned Movement?
(b) Which Asian leader was called “the little frown saint”?
- (a) In what field did the following achieve fame?
- David Niven
- Jean Jacques Rousseau
- Raja Ravi Verma
- Edmund Hillary
- (a) Which ancestor of Sir Winston Churchill led the English to victory at Waterloo?
(b) This great Tibetan leader sought refuge in India in 1959 and was later awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- (a) Which famous General of World War II fame was known as “The Desert Fox”?
(b) Who described the English army as “contemptible”?
- (a) Who taught the ‘Beatles Transcendental Meditation’?
(b) Who is the only woman to have won the Nobel Prize twice?
- (a) Who was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic?
(b) What did Charles Blondin cross on a tight-rope in 1855 and 1860?
- (a) Which made Frederick Anton Mesmer Famous?
(b) Which leading film director was the only Indian to be honored with the Legion d’ honneur?
- (a) A famous scientist is reputed to have stated the man descended from the apes. Who was he?
(b) Who made first map of the known world?
- (a) Who were: (i) Benito Mussolini (ii) Joseph Stalin (iii) Ayatollah Khomeini
(b) How many years did Nelson Mandela spend in prison?
- (a) For what is Valentina Tereshkova famous?
(b) Which husband and wife were noted Victoria poets?
- (a) What were the first names of the Grimm’s brothers?
(b) The disappearance of which famous queen of fiction led to a nationwide search?
- Name the first man or men to:
(a) Reach he North Pole
(b) Climb Mt. Everest
(c) Revolve in an orbit around the earth
(d) Set foot on the moon
(e) Reach the South Pole.
- This Japanese became the first journalist to go into space in 1990.
- Who is the outstanding Soviet leader who won the Nobel Peace Prize of 1990?
- What do Monica Seles, Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg and Andre Agassi have in common?
- (a) Mao Tse-Tung
(b) K’ung Fu-Tzu
- (a) They were all Secretary-Generals of the U.N.O.
(b) Henry Ford
- (a) Henry Morgan
(b) Abraham Lincoln
- (a) Diogenes
- (a) Leonardo da Vinci
(b) Pablo Picasso
- (a) Marshall Tito of Yugoslavia, President Nasser of U.A.R. and Jawaharlal Nehru of India;
(b) Mahatama Gandhi of India
- (a) (i) acting in films (ii) education (iii) painting (iv) writing (v) mountaineering
(b) Karl Marx
- (a) The Duke of Marlborough
(b) The Dalai Lama
- (a) General Rommel
(b) The Kaiser in 1914
- (a) Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
(b) Madame Marie Curie
- (a) Amelia Ear hart in 1928
(b) the Niagara Falls
- (a) He was the first to use hypnotism to treat patient.
(b) Satyajit Ray in 1989.
- (a) Charles Darwin
(b) Ptolemy in 150 A.D.
- (a) (i) Fascist dictator of Italy (ii) Russian Communist dictator (iii) Religions leader of Shiva Muslims of Iran.
(b) 27 Years
- (a) She was the first woman in space.
(b) Robert and Elizabeth Browning
- (a) Graham and Sutherland
(b) Agatha Christie
- (a) Robert Peary
(b) Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay
(c) Yuri Gagarin
(d) Neil Armstrong
- Toyohiro Akyama
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- All of them are tennis players.
This list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the article displayed above which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to you.
We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do not use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.comments powered by Disqus