People and Races - Quiz Questions with Answers
- State who the following are:
- (a) The ancestors of the modern Dutch in the Netherlands were 2 Germanic tribes. Who were they?
(b) Who were the ancestors of the Norwegians?
- What is the name of the Science which traces the ’Origin and Distribution of Races’?
- Name the original inhabitants of:
(c) New Zealand
- What is wrongly included in this list?
Mayas, Mexicans, Mongols, Mohicans, Moluccas?
- Who speak the following languages?
- Which people use the following weapons?
- Name the people who live in:
- From which two countries do Tyroleans come?
- In which continent would you find half the world’s population?
- Where do Calypsos and Steel Bands come from?
- Which ancient people called them "Children of the Sun"?
- The men of which tribe wear a veil, but not the women?
- (a) What is the name of the curved weapon used by Australian aborigines?
(b) What is the name of the spear used by the Masai warriors of Africa?
- A Monegasque is a native of which small European principality?
- In which country are the following eaten?
- Who were the aboriginal people of Borneo who were formerly head-hunters?
- In which country is tea-drinking a ceremonial ritual?
- A cave-dweller, a kind of ape and a hermit can all be expressed by one word. What is it?
- Where did the following dances come from?
- (a) Tribes inhabiting the eastern and southern frontiers of Russia
(b) The Hungarian race
(c) Negroes of the South Central Africa
(d) Wandering tribes of Arabia and North Africa
(e) Muslims of the Malabar region of Kerala
(f) A hardy tribe of Nepal and Tibet
- (a) The Batavians and the Frisians who migrated to the Rhine Delta
(b) The Vikings
- (a) Aborigines
- All are people, except Moluccas which is group of islands
- (a) Jews
(c) People of Haiti
(d) People of Kenya
- (a) Malays
(d) Scottish Highlanders
- (a) Mexicans
(c) Red Indians
(e) Scottish Highlanders
- Austria and Italy
- West Indies
- The Incas
- The Tuaregs of North Africa
- (a) Boomerang
- (a) Scotland
- The Dyaks
- A troglodyte
- (a) Spain