Office Romance and Workplace Dating - The Good and Bad Sides
There are many different kinds of office romance (workplace dating). Sometimes they comprise a quick fumble at the party but sometimes they can lead marriage. Every office relationship is unique but there are a few general pros and cons of getting involved with someone you work with. Over 20% of women in the world have had a relationship (casual or serious) with a work colleague at some point in their lives. So, here is a list of the benefits as well as drawbacks of getting involved in an affair with a co-worker or an office colleague.
Top 5 benefits of Office Relationships
- You already know his personality and character so there’s less chance of finding out that you’re just not suited.
- You’ll have at least one thing in common and at least one thing to talk about.
- You can keep an eye on him for most of the day.
- You don’t need to find a date for office parties and you don’t need to worry about what he might be getting up to at his.
- He’ll be genuinely interested in your job and career because it will share elements of his own.
Top 5 drawbacks of Office Relationships
- Ending the relationship will be tough because you’ll still have to see him every single working day.
- If you’re keeping the relationship a secret, you’ll constantly be on edge which will probably effect your performance at work.
- If you don’t keep it a secret, everybody will know your business because you’ll become the company talking point.
- Some bosses and companies don’t look favorably on romance in the workplace.
- Unless you like to live in each others’ pockets, it can sometimes be too intense to work alongside the man you’ll be spending most of your free time with.