India History Quiz (Part 5) - General Knowledge of Indian History
Part 5 of India History Quiz - General Knowledge Questions (161 to 187) on Indian History. Take the Quiz and improve your overall General knowledge on Indian History.
161. Which Mughal ruler put Abul Fazl to death?
162. How do we know Khuldabad today, the city where Aurangzeb died and was buried?
163. While delivering his speech in Haripuri in 1938, which Congress President suggested the use of the Roman script to write the Hindi language?
Answer: Subhas Chandra Bose
164. Dara Shikoh was the eldest son of which Mughal emperor?
Answer: Shah Jahan
165. In 1931, which ancestral house did Pandit Motilal Nehru donate to the Indian National Congress, renaming it as ’Swaraj Bhawan’?
Answer: Anand Bhawan
166. In which monument was the trial of the nine men accused of the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi held?
Answer: Red Fort
167. In which city of India did Qutbuddin Aibak assume supreme power in June 1206?
168. Which dynasty succeeded the Khilji’s to the throne of Delhi in 1290?
Answer: Tughlaq dynasty
169. Who led the force of the East India Company in the battle of Plassey in 1757?
Answer: Sir Robert Clive
170. What was Emperor Jahangir’s original name?
171. Which dynasty built the Khajuraho temples?
172. Which traveller accompanied Mahmud of Ghazni to India in A.D. 1030?
Answer: Al Beruni
173. Apart from Chittaranjan Das, who else co-founded the Swarajya Party in India?
Answer: Pandit Motilal Nehru
174. Which Indian freedom fighter spent his days in Kolkata in 1947, fasting and praying for communal harmony?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
175. Who founded the slave dynasty in India?
176. Who ruled over Delhi in 1296 A.D.?
Answer: Ala-ud-din Khilji
177. Who is supposed to have invited Babar to invade India?
Answer: Daulat khan Lodhi (uncle of lbrahim Lodhi)
178. Who was the last ruler of the Lodhi dynasty?
Answer: Ibrahim Lodhi
179. Why was the Dandi march organized?
Answer: To break the salt law of the British government.
180. Who was the viceroy of India when Clement Richard Attlee talked about transfer of power to Indians?
Answer: Lord Wavell
181. When did the Shaka era begin in India?
Answer: 78 A.D.
182. When did the Gupta era begin in India?
Answer: In 320 A.D., after Chandragupta Maurya of the Maurya dynasty
183. What was the title assumed by Harsha when he ascended the throne?
184. Which British General defeated Hyder Ali and when?
Answer: Sir Eyre Coote, in July 1781
185. What was Mahatma Gandhi’s full name?
Answer: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
186. What does the navy blue wheel that appears on the national flag of India stand for?
Answer: The Wheel of the Law
187. Which day was first fixed as the Independence Day in India?
Answer: 31 December 1929