February 2 in World History
A collective list of must to know major events that happened on February 2nd in the world history.
Major Events of February 2 in World History
- 2014 - The Super bowl took place at Met life Stadium in east Rutherford at New Jersey, The sea hawks beat the devour broncos by 43-8 runs which was a historic win for the sea hawks, who have not won a major championship in last 30 years.
- 2013 - Shinzo Abe, the Prime Minister of Japan directed a speech at Japan self defence forces which vows to defence the Senkaku Island.
- 2011 - IAN Thorpe, an Australian swimmer announces his retirement. He said he will come out of the retirement to complete in London Olympics in 2012.
- 2010 - The World food programme reported that 4.3 million people were suffering from hunger in Sudan. This number has quadrupled since 2009.
- 1998 - All 104 on board were killed when the DC-9 at Philippine crashed apparently.
- 1997 - Marko Meara won the award for Pebble Beach Pro-Am Golf Tournament.
- 1996 - Ali Lanry, at the age of 22 from Lousinia crowned to the 45th Miss USA.
- 1995 - "Moliere Comedies" opened at Criterion Theatre in New York City for 56 performances.
- 1993 - Irina Privalara makes a new world record. This record was of running 50m indoor in just 6.05 seconds.
- 1992 - Kieren Perkins, a well known swimmer made a world record for 1500m freestyle swimming in 14:32:40.