February 1 in World History
A collective list of must to know major events that happend on February 1 in history.
Major Events of February 1 in World History
- 2014 - U.S state department completed a long delayed review of the Keystone XI Pipeline and they concluded that the Pipeline would not increase green house gas emission.
- 2014 - Ban Ki Moon, United Nations secretary general appoints former Mayor of New York Michael Bloomberg as a UN special envoy for citied and climate changes.
- 2013 - Ed Koch, former mayor of New York City, dies in Manhattan at the age of 88 by congestive heart failure.
- 2013 - Hillary Clinton, U.S secretary of state steps down from her post.
- 2012 - The parent company of America Airlines announced that they will cut 13,000 jobs or 15% work force from their company.
- 2011 - Russia started to search for a missing military satellite that was launched into the wrong orbit.
- 2010 - Barack Obama, the US president proposed a $3.8 trillion budget for fiscal 2011 which projects to be high record budget deficit of $1.6 trillion in fiscal 2010.
- 2009 - Partriarch Kirill of Moscow was enthroned by the Russian Orthodox Church as Partriarch of The Russian Orthodox Church.
- 2006 - The United Airlines emerging from bankruptcy after three years, 51 days.
- 2004 - At least 250 Muslim pilgrims were crushed to death during the annual stoning of Satan Rituals in the Mena Valley at Saudi Arabia.
- 1992 - The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Bhopal court declares Warren Anderson, ex-CEO of Union Carbide, a fugitive under Indian law for failing to appear in the Bhopal disaster case.